Thursday, July 9, 2009

I think I might be a massive nerd

Soooo...do we all know what today is? July 9, you say? There's nothing significant about that date, you say? YOU SAY WRONG! It is now exactly one week (and approximately 2 hours) until Alli and I will be in a cinema watching Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. Yes, we already have our tickets. Does that make us massive nerds? Quite probably. Do we care? No.

I can't tell you how much I love Harry Potter. I remember a time, probably about two years after the first book was published and there was still much hype about it, I blatantly refused to read it. A boy-wizard, thought I. What a stupid idea. There is NO WAY that could be good. It was the first time I was ever wrong. I can't remember what circumstances caused me to read...oh god, I think it might have actually been Alli recommending it, and knowing how similar our tastes are, I gave in.

I don't know where to even begin with how awesome the Harry Potter franchise is. One of my colleagues tried to tell me yesterday that "Yeah, but she's stolen the plotline of so many other fantasy type novels." Um, I'm sorry, but I don't believe anyone wrote 'Good V Evil'. It just is. So, the books are extremely well-written, I think. Because J.K Rowling isn't pretentious (in my head she's not, anyway. Obviously if I was friends with her in real life I'd be sitting on a tropical island with a cocktail right now, not at work). And because she's not pretentious, she doesn't use 5 words when 1 will do (John Steinbeck, I am LOOKING RIGHT AT YOU. Five pages for a turtle to cross a road in the Grapes of Wrath, I ask you?).

And then the movies...well, Casting Director of Harry Potter films, I salute you! Could they be cast anymore perfectly? If there is one fault to the casting of the Harry Potter films, it's simply the fact that I'm not playing Hermione (Sometimes-annoying know-it-all ? It's the role I was born to play). And then, after my success in my role as Hermione again....on tropical island with cocktail, just rolling about in my money, laughing. None of this 'going to college' business. What's about, Miss Emma Watson?

And now, I will leave you with images Harry Potter cast Stanislav Ianevski (Viktor Krum). Turns out Ianevski is only one year younger that me, so turns out - no lay-buy necessary! Sure, he's Bulgarian and I probably couldn't understand most of what he says...but love transcends such trivial matters, surely?


Harry Potter?


DECISION: AWESOME

No comments:

Post a Comment