Monday, August 17, 2009

"You know we're living in a SOCIETY!"

Yep, it's time for one those posts.

I hold the door open for people. All the time. I think it's the polite (and right) thing to do.
You know what ELSE is polite? Saying thank you.
I was at the movies the other day (seeing Harry Potter: The Half Blood Prince for the second time, thank you very much. I honestly don't think I could be any cooler if I tried) Anyway, I was going to the bathroom and there was a mother and a small child making their way out. So, of course, I hold the door for them.
For ages too, as the random toddler was walking like, well, a toddler and blah, blah, blah, I practically missed the movie holding the door for them.

But THEN....no thanks! This is a major pet peeve of mine (really, Kate, we didn't pick that up based on the fact that you're devoting multiple paragraphs of text to it). So, of course I say loudly anyway "You're welcome!". Point made.

Is it impolite to point out when people are being impolite? Probably. But otherwise they'll never learn. And look, I'd like to think that the next time someone holds the door for that woman, she'd say thank you. I think I've made the world a better place. You're welcome, universe.

People with poor manners?

DECISION: FLAWSOME

No comments:

Post a Comment