Back in 2000, we here at A&F developed a disease called Probstaliosis. It's a very serious condition, for which there is no known cure.
Essentially it means that we love Jeff Probst and nothing and no one can change our minds.
Symptoms include the following:
- Wanting all men around you to have a rugged 5 o'clock shadow
- Wishing that all men wore shirts rolled up at the sleeve, slightly unbuttoned and little dirty (We're not talking "homeless" dirty but "I've been on location in Africa/China/Cook Islands/ Australian Outback and don't have a washing machine" dirty)
- Thinking that hacking through a forest on the way to a helicopter, is just about the coolest thing ever
- Wanting your friend to say "The tribe has spoken" and snuff out a torch at your funeral
- Getting ridiculously excited at being somewhat linked to Probst, or meeting someone who has met/knows him
- Wanting to wake up and start your day with someone saying..."Previously on Survivor"
It's been 9 years since Survivor first aired, yet we still think Probst is as cool as the first time we saw him.
The guy is awesome, no question.
He mocks the contestants.
He clearly enjoys baiting them with awkward questions at tribal council.
He has an awesome job and hasn't taken that for granted.
He has many great catchphrases which you know he loves, such as...
"Wanna know what you're playing for?"
"I'll go tally the votes"
"Once again, immunity is back up for grabs"
"Come on in guys"
and the greatest of all...
"The tribe has spoken"
Jeff Probst makes the universe better. Consistently cool for 9 years.