Oh Katherine Heigl, where shall we begin??
As a wise woman once said, we should start at the very beginning (apparently that's the very best place to start).
We used to love Katherine Heigl.
We thought she was an awesome chick and for a while we believed we were right in that assumption.
The following reasons prove that we weren't crazy
- She was/is (sorry for being ambiguous but the finale was a cliffhanger) Izzie Stevens on Grey's Anatomy For the first few seasons of that show (before it all got a bit...well..crap) she was one of the best characters/actors on it. She helped make Izzie funny, relatable and the most normal of a pretty insane bunch of characters. She won an Emmy too (for what that's worth).
- She isn't a size 0. She looks like a woman. She has curves. She makes girls who live in the real world feel a little bit better about themselves.
- She is 1.73cm tall. She isn't some petite waif who makes the women around her feel like giants.
- She played Alison in the AMAZING movie Knocked Up. Awesome name and awesome movie. She was funny and fabulous in it.
- When her friend and co-star T.R Knight was called a gay slur on the Grey's set by Isaiah Washington she stood up for him. At the time Katherine responded to the comment by saying: "I don't think [Washington] meant it the way it came off, but T.R. is my best friend. I will throw down for that kid. I will beat you up. I will use every ounce of energy I have to take you down if you hurt his feelings."
- When Washington continued to speak publicly about the incident she again came to her friend's defence saying "I'm going to be really honest right now, he needs to just not speak in public. Period."; "I'm sorry, that did not need to be said, I'm not okay with it."
- She has guts and opinions and isn't afraid to voice them. We used to have a lot of respect for her and how honest she seemed. However honesty also has to be self-edited. Anyone with a brain knows, that sometimes it's in every one's best interests to keep your opinions to yourself.
- She's lazy and we get that. She has said "If I wasn't in this industry, I wouldn't work out. But I have hips and a butt and everything that goes along with that, including cellulite! So I do the best I can."
She seemed so cool and then somewhere along the way something went horribly wrong.
We've been down this path before, when someone we thought was totally cool and awesome turns out to be the complete opposite (We're looking at you Lindsay Lohan). It saddens us greatly to say this but Katherine Heigl - you have become a total fuckwit! You disagree? Well, sadly, we have proof:
- Knocked Up was her first big, starring role in a major movie. It was a huge success and it made her a movie star. Then she went ahead and took a big bite of the hand that was feeding her and said this about it..."It's a little sexist. It paints the women as shrews, as humorless and uptight, and it paints the men as lovable, goofy, fun-loving guys. It exaggerated the characters, and I had a hard time with it, on some days. I'm playing such a bitch..."
- She's a working actress. She has a steady gig on a hit show, whilst millions of unemployed and possibly more talented people wait tables when they can. Despite this, she slaps everyone in the face. After her first day back on the set on Grey's she had the following comment to make "Our first day back was Wednesday and it was — I’m going to keep saying this because I hope it embarrasses them — a 17-hour day." Well boo-freaking-hoo! I'm sure most people would rather work 17 hours a day than none at all, or work 17 hours in a thankless job for no pay.
- She's a dirty smoker...that's all we need to say about that.
- In response to her criticism of Knocked Up Seth Rogen had this to say... "I gotta say it's not like we're the only people she's said some batshit crazy things about. That's kind of her bag now." We love Seth Rogen (aside from the excessive weed smoking) and will back him all the way!
- She's ungrateful
- She's unprofessional
- She's gutless...if you want out of Grey's QUIT! Give the job to some poor actor who needs the money
- She need to get over herself STAT!
- She's an idiot. Judd Apatow is one of the biggest writers/directors/producers around at the moment and she has pissed him off...not smart.
Katherine, we don't want to dislike you, we can't hate you because...well...we just really love Knocked Up. We want you to be normal again and for the old you to come back. We want you to get over yourself and realise that no matter how "bad" you think your life is, at the end of the day you are paid millions of dollars to dress up and play pretend.
So, it is with a disappointed heart that we say...
Old Katherine Heigl: AWESOME
New Katherine Heigl: So very FLAWSOME