Friday, October 2, 2009

SONG OF THE DAY


A long time ago, in the year 1986 there was a song.
A song called "You can call me Al" by Paul Simon.
This song is so fun and catchy, but it's the video I love the most!
The video is amazing for several reasons...
  1. It is simple. There are no special effects. There are no trashy girls in even trashier outfits. It is what it is and I have a lot of time for that.
  2. It's funny. The height difference between Paul Simon and Chevy Chase alone is hilarious.
  3. It has Chevy Chase! He is awesome in it! His miming of the lyrics while Paul Simon mimes the backing vocals is GENIUS! Oh, also he is Dusty Bottoms in The Three Amigos, so I can't not love him.
  4. I love Chevy's Na Na Na solo! It is pure gold.
  5. It's just a really great song.

So here's the link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULjCSK0oOlI

Oh an FYI, you may definitely NOT call me Al (I really hate that).

So "You can call me Al"???

DECISION: AWESOME

The video for the song???

DECISION: SO INCREDIBLY AWESOME! I truly think it is one of the best videos of all time!

No comments:

Post a Comment