Saturday, December 5, 2009

Alli, smarter than Kate? That can't be right...

Ah, so, um, it turns out Future Alli was much more intelligent that Future Kate. That's not something I ever thought I'd write, but there it is.
Of course, you, dear reader, are questioning why. I can hear you "But Kate, you are SO much smarter than Future Alli...". It's true, I am. But this one time I will admit defeat in the intelligence stakes. Here's why:
I went and saw Paranormal Activity.

Loyal readers of this site will know that we have a penchant for torturing ourselves by going to horror films we know will freak us out. You think we would have learnt after Orphan. As it turns out, Alli is a faster learner. Huh. Who knew?

ANYWAY, this film was, in a word, terrifying! I wouldn't quite put it in the same league as The Blair Witch Project but it's up there!
You know how we feel about people just 'standing'. MY GOD. I have never seen more standing than that which is featured in Paranormal Activity. As Alli duly noted in a text after I told her of my stupidity in going to see the movie: "Of course there was standing. It's called Paranormal Activity and we all know there's nothing more paranormal than standing."
So true.
There were breezes as well! And fires!

It was interesting though. You know how in most movies most of the characters seem too scared, too willing to put whatever just occurred down to an evil spirit and run away for no real apparent reason? In this case, by the end of the film, you really want them to die, for being so freaking stupid for staying in this place with all this paranormal activity for so freaking long.

That aside, I can thoroughly recommend it you like to scare yourself stupid, which I obviously do. I live alone, and blatantly refused to stay in my own house after I'd seen the film.
So, well done Paranormal Activity. Thanks for making me look like an idiot. I didn't really need the help.

Paranormal Activity?

DECISION: AWESOME (ly terrifying).

No comments:

Post a Comment